Aida & Kara kick back in Montauk
& chat about:
- landing her gig as Janice (Tony's sister) on The Sopranos
- sparks that flew between Aida & co-star James Gandolfini
- working with her cousins John Turturro & Nick Turturro
- going to the Emmys & competing on $25,000 Pyramid
- being on Law & Order, Blue Bloods and Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- her dream gig & why she loves working
- life in Montauk (the quiet, super-friendly end of the Hamptons)
- treating friends & family to prosciutto & wine
- her family & how she overcame struggles in her childhood
- her other gig: organizing people's homes
- the love of her life, Ollie
Aida Turturro Quotes
- "[The Sopranos] wasn't a set. It was a family."
- "There was a little attraction [between James and me]. We would fight, though!"
- "I want to buy everyone the best prosciutto, the best smoked salmon for their bagels. I want to have the best wines. I like to host and be generous."
- "I'm not a singer. But I can sing!"
- "Sometimes it's hard...try to enjoy the beautiful moments."
- "I don't take s**t from people--not for a moment."
- "I feel love around me always. Sometimes people can't give you things—their time, their support, whatever—because they’re not capable. It doesn’t mean that they don’t want to."