Shark Tank investor & branding genius
to what Daymond mentions in this episode:
- My article in The New York Times about his Sunday Routine
- Blueprint + Co., his new co-working space in New York City
- A few brands to check out:
- Daymond's show, Shark Tank, on Lifetime
- Daymond's book, The Power of Broke, now in paperback
- HQ for all things Daymond John
Daymond sits down with Kara and talks about:
- new projects & brands he's super-excited about
- what he does about social media "haters"
- why he feels daddy guilt
- why his mother sent him on a ton of airplanes
- an epiphany about falcons
- crazy assumptions people often make about him
- surprising facts about dyslexia & the Sharks
- his personal pet peeves
- what he worries about
- where he'll be 20 years from now
- his biggest regret
Daymond John Quotes
- "My life is filled with friends. And I know the difference between friends and associates. They say a friend is somebody you can call up at 3 in the morning and say, Come help me bury a body. I have a couple of friends like that. And then I have associates. But yeah, I’m very very lucky."
- "My oldest kids, I used to love going to the movies with them. I still love Shrek, Ice Age. I cant wait to watch Finding Dory."
- "I have a decent bike. I have two--I have one electric one that I really love. It just has fat tires and on those hills that you’d normally walk up, you just put the power on to help you. I don’t like it in a sense, because I don’t want to cheat."
- "Most people who shoot a show walk away when the cameras are down. Once we finish, the real work starts. I probably have to spend four months out of my life handling the deal and processing them every year."
- "When I wake up in the morning, there’s 200 emails and texts."