to things we talk about in this episode:
- My piece in The Wall Street Journal about Debi & Gabriele
- My Hollywood Reporter piece about Debi's vintage style
- Younger, the fun new(ish) comedy on TVLand
- New films: Coney Island (Woody Allen's film, Sept. 9 release) & The Only Living Boy in New York (Aug. 11)
- Debi & Gabriele's cookbooks: Extra Virgin and Super Tuscan (coming soon)
Debi hangs out with Kara and talks about:
- her unconventional childhood
- raising daughters in the social-media era
- L.A. vs. N.Y.
- best & darkest periods in her life
- behind-the-scenes of producing a TV series
- being pigeon-holed & playing a "power bitch" in Hollywood
- meeting Madonna
- meditation and exercise
- what makes her super-nervous
- her biggest regret
Debi Mazar Quotes
- "I've always felt like I was a player, a gangster. I can hold myself up to any man in the room."
- "People have thrown me under the bus."
- "My survival story is probably more extraordinary than I give myself credit for."
- "My cup had runneth empty."
- "I won't be controlled."
- "I just never wanted to be that woman who complained."