My travels to Napoli, Amalfi and Roma are officially over.
(For now. You know me: Italy makes me swoon. I can't stay away long.)
- Remember I told Joe Mantegna every time I'm on Italian soil, I feel like I'm home again?
- I also spent like a gazillion hours talking to Aida Turturro about how much we both love southern Italy. (Sadly the bulk of it was over lunch in Montauk, when I didn't have my voice recorder rolling. Live and learn!)
- I told Chris Lowell that his plan to spend a month in Italy was a page out of my own book.
- I also told Rick Gonzalez he can pronounce my name any way he likes, including the way they say it when I'm in Italy. You'll hear that TOMORROW, when his brand-new interview is ready.
- And when I met Peter Hermann, we compared notes on Positano and Capri. (My entertaining chat with Peter is coming soon, so hold tight for that!)
Anyway, here are photos from my trip...
I ended the trip in Rome, where I stayed at one of my favorite hotels, Hotel Mediterraneo.
It's a luxurious, art deco hotel near my fave train station, Roma Termini (Have I mentioned I'm obsessed with train stations? The possibilities! The opportunities! The shopping!) ... and it has tons of history, including film shoots and movie star guests.
- Scenes from The Young Pope, with Jude Law, were filmed inside the hotel.
- Scenes from Trust, with Donald Sutherland, were filmed there.
- George Clooney popped in while filming The American.
More on this on an upcoming episode.
Anyway, I miss Italy already but I'm super happy to be back. I'm excited for you to hear my conversation with Arrow star Rick Gonzalez and I have even more goodies on deck. Stay tuned!